Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Best Wrestlers in the World



At Over The Limit, this past Sunday night we were witnesses to one of the greatest matches of all time, no I am not talking about the match between The Miz and “The Funkasaurus” Brodus Clay. I am speaking about the match featuring two of the best wrestlers in the world today; CM Punk & Daniel Bryan.
They had a 24 minute match, which kept the fans on the edge of their seats. But after this great display of wrestling, I really didn’t see the point of continuing to watch the PPV. I believed the next match was the so called “main event” between John Laurinaitis & John “They really don’t have any new angel to put me in, so I am wrestling this bum” Cena. Instead we get a squash match between Camacho and the Bill Goldberg wanna-be RyBack, formerly known as Skip Sheffield, what an insult, to Bryan & Punk who give us one of the best matches in the past year.

This brings me to my next topic of this bog, what value does the WWE Championship Title hold? Apparently not much, because in the past three PPVS the main events have been non-title matches. So why even have a Championship Title, when an Actor, a MMA fighter and a retired wrestler from Japan, out shine the greatest title in wrestling history.  Don’t get me wrong I love the fact that The Rock & Brock Lesnar are back, but I just fail to comprehend why the WWE has the impression that if John Cena is not in the main event the PPVS won’t be a successful. I am a wrestling fan that wants to see wrestling, not John Cena acting a fool in a 17 min match, with an over the hill ex-wrestler. Don’t get me started on the “finish” of the match between Big Johnny & John Cena, I mean really, does “creative” really believe that all the fans of the WWE are between the ages of 5 - 8, I saw that finish coming a mile away. If they really wanted to swerve us they should have fired the Big Show about a month ago and probably the “finish” would have worked. 

I am not really a fan of CM Punk, but he has proven that he is one of the best wrestlers in that company. That truth is that the WWE has not given him an opportunity to become the “Top Guy”. What I mean is that even without the WWE title, John Cena holds that spot, not CM Punk. This is another slap in the face to a man that is doing everything that is asked of him and how does the WWE repay him, they place him on the second to last match on their PPVS.

Until next time, see you on the line.
Harrington Bayas

Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.