Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Big Event II

John Morrison & The Wrestling Fans Review
Hello wrestling fans. This weekend, we attended The Big Event in Queens, NY, which was a wrestling convention featuring Professional Wrestlers/Entertainers and Playboy Playmates, Alison Waite and Jessica Burciaga. I want to start off by saying that it was as The Miz would say, AWESOME!!! Everyone was great and nice. I really have no complaint at all. It was our first time attending so we really didn’t know what to expect. The featured stars were John Morrison, Melina, Chelsea, Bobby Heenan, Marty Jannetty, Winter, Tugboat aka Typhoon, The Powers of Pain (The Barbarian and Warlord), Melissa Coates, The Franchise Shane Douglas, The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags), Rosita, Jerry Lynn, Papa Shango aka The Godfather, Shelly Martinez, Angelina Love, Jim The Anvil Neidhart, Ashley Massaro, Bobby Lashley, The Boogeyman, Maryse, and Abdullah the Butcher.
It was also hosted by the guys from VOC Nation Radio (www.vocnation.com). Bruce Wirt & Nemar Wells were super funny and we all had fun answering wrestling trivia. We had to boo whoever got a question wrong lol. It was great meeting everyone and I must say the greatest guy was Shane Douglas. He's currently working on an Extreme Championship Wrestling show in Pennsylvania, which we will be attending. He was just a great guy talking to us about wrestling and his faction in ECW, The Triple Threat with Chris Candido and Bam Bam Bigalow. He even greeted us a couple of times, throughout the convention. Marty Jannetty was another cool guy. I got to tell him how The Rockers was and has always been my favorite tag team of all time. I can’t wait to meet Shawn Michaels again so he could sign my new Rockers photo. I got to compare my "Jim The Anvil Neidhart goatee" with The Anvil, himself. He said it needs to be longer lol. I got to tell Tugboat how he was my very first autograph ever. I met him back in 1996, after he had a match in Queens, NY and he signed my junior high school program while getting stitched up with a bloody face. I still have that school program. Other guys were great posing for pictures, answering our questions and some even began shooting about the wrestling business a little bit. On that note, I had an amazing time and I would definitely go again. 
Check out the Picture here


Ernesto Heleno Jr.









I don’t know if you guys are aware that I am a big fan of The Franchise Shane Douglas, and it was a huge surprise to me to see him at The Big Event II. He was the first wrestler I got an autograph from on that day and man when I say this guy is great on the mic, I am not kidding. He single handedly talked me & my bro into buying tickets to Extreme Championship Wrestling Reunion, which will be held in Pennsylvania. He gave us a story about how, it was so easy for Chris Candido to have a five star match and how hard it was for him (Shane) to even come close to it. Douglas also gave us an update on Francine; how she is happy to be out of the business and that she is going on her third child, congratulations to Francine and her family. He also mentioned that Bam Bam Bigalow was like a big brother to him, and that he was the only one in the locker room that use to call him by his real name. Meeting the Franchise was the best part of the entire event, for me. We met John Morrison & Melina, they were pretty cool. Morrison signed a promo picture in which he was known as Johnny Nitro, which is a great piece of wrestling memorabilia to add to my collection. Bobby Lashley, put me in a headlock, which was great, took a great picture with TNA Knockout Rosita and even took a picture with Shelly Martinez in a Bikini that was fun also. We met a Hulk Hogan look-a-like, his name was Rat Boy he was brought down by the guys of the www.vocnation.com.  I got a great shot of Maryse alone side her dog, Flake, and Melina also had her dog, Charlie Bear. I should have brought my dog Paulie Walnuts; he would have shown those guys how you do things in NYC.
Check out the Picture here 

Harrington Bayas 







- Ernesto Heleno Jr and Harrington Bayas, The Internet Tag Team Champions

Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.