Monday, July 2, 2012

WCW: The Best of Clash of the Champions



Hello wrestling fans, it’s time for another DVD review. Watching WCW: The Best of Clash of the Champions brought back so many memories. Helped me remember how much I hated WCW. I must admit, the only thing that made WCW worth watching is the quality in the matches. The very first match presented was the main event of the first ever Clash of the Champions back in 1988, between "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. Sting for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
Also helped me remember how much I loved Sting as a kid. He was always so charismatic with all the bright colors, bleach blond spiky hair and the paint on his face. I also want to add, Im happy for Sting being the first inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame. Honestly, a TNA Hall of Fame isn’t really saying much, but Sting is definitely an icon and a legend that deserves the credit he deserves. Ric Flair said it best when he said he always wished Sting had worked in WWE. He believed Vince McMahon would've made Sting a huge superstar. Congratulations to Sting, one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. The DVD also features some other great matches such as Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko vs. Ultimo Dragon, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Stunning Steve Austin, etc. I would've loved to hear some "behind the scenes" commentary or just some insight or memories of Clash of the Champions but other than that, some matches were great, some matches weren’t worth watching. With that, I don’t see it as DVD favorite of mine but it’s good to have in my collection.
Ernesto Heleno Jr.

Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.