Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Total Nonstop Action (TNA)


I have to admit, I'm not a big TNA (Total Nonstop Action) fan. I used to be, when it first started. When I first heard about TNA, I was introduced to the genre of X-Division, which I loved. AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Petey Williams, The Motor City Machine Guns - Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin, just to name a few. Whenever you saw any one of those guys in the ring together, you know you were in for some total nonstop action, pun intended. But of course with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff writing and producing, etc. we have ourselves WCW Version 2. It's back to having the old guys in the spotlight. Whenever I put on TNA, all I see is Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and no offense to two of my all time favorite wrestlers Sting and Ric Flair. I'm sorry guys but your time has passed, it’s now time for the new generation and that's what Hulk Hogan can’t understand. Yes, I know guys like AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Kaz, Abyss (the poor-man's Kane), Samoa Joe, etc. are young guys that are in the spotlight and are getting their push to the top, but it's still some way around Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair and Sting. I may be wrong or out of line, maybe they're there to help the young guys climb the ladder to the top, I just think TNA broke away from what it used to be and what made them popular. It became another WCW, and I personally believe it's the wrong way to go. As you can see, one by one the older guys are starting to leave WWE. Shawn Michaels retired, Undertaker shows up randomly or for WrestleMania, Edge retired, Triple H is now backstage as an executive producer. The WWE is now depending on the young guys to do a good job. Yes, WWE is now PG, which I hate, but I still think they're heading in the right direction. They broke away from the celebrity guest host of Monday Night Raw, and I believe it's starting to slowly build up into a better show. TNA is TV-14 and that is better but I think the whole Mr. Anderson being an "asshole" gimmick is just TNA trying hard to be more mature than WWE. The way TNA uses the "asshole" gimmick, is cheesy. Of course, these are just my opinion. I'd love to hear what other people think of TNA, please leave a comment. Thank you!


Written by Ernesto Heleno Jr. and The Wrestling Fans Review

Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.