Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finally The Rock Has Come Back To Wrestling


Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Hello again wrestling fans. I would like to discuss the main event for WrestleMania 28, which has “The most Electrifying Man in all of Entertainment” Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson facing John Cena. This wrestling match was announced the night after WrestleMania 27, and it was first introduce as a WWE Heavyweight championship match. The Rock has posted comments on his Twitter account giving reasons for his return to the WWE. The Rock states, I could “elevate the WWE to new heights never seen before”. This statement is a bit bold in my opinion, because The Rock was given a platform in which he performed every day and became the mega star that he is today, this platform was the WWE ring. Is The Rock really hinting that the WWE needs him back in order to reach these “heights”? Well sadly we are not getting The Rock back, because he told us “I never meant to mislead or confuse the fans and I apologize if I did.” So how is he going to elevate the WWE to new heights, I guess he will do this in two matches, remember folks he is “The Great One”. We now know that he is also teaming up with Cena to face the Awesome Truth at Survivor Series, in New York City. (On a side note I am heading there, I already have my tickets can’t wait)   Let’s get back to this match, I am extremely happy that the title is not on the line, because Alberto Del Rio has for filled his destiny, twice and defeated Fruity Pebbles himself John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight Championship title. Besides if Cena lost the WWE title to The Rock, it wouldn’t prove anything, just the fact John Cena can’t wrestle, but of course we already knew that. The Rock himself said he “didn’t come back to the WWE to become champion again”. This leads me to believe that again it’s all about the money, between the WWE and The Rock. I don’t want anyone to misunderstand me, I actually like this match, but I feel insulted that the WWE needed to announce it a year in advance in order to make money. What ever happen to the nice quite build up, between PPV? This is all a huge payday and I guess, we should start getting use to it. We are not going back to the good old days when a match build up meant just as much or even more than the match.   


-Harrington Bayas




Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.