Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Hello wrestling fans, my WWE Survivor Series weekend started Friday morning at Madison Square Garden. I attempted to meet CM Punk. When I got there, the first 150 people were already there since about 3 a.m. I still stuck around to see CM Punk, try to win prizes, and get a chance to play the new WWE 12 video game. Well I didn’t get a chance to play the game, but I did win a Survivor Series T-shirt for answering a WWE trivia question on stage with Jimmy Hart. I also got to see CM Punk and hear the Q & A they had. Honestly the questions they picked weren’t even about wrestling and were ridiculous. I must admit, CM Punk doesn’t seem like a cool or approachable guy, but I didn’t meet him so I’m not really sure. I would like to congratulation him for winning the WWE Championship Title on Sunday.

Saturday began right across the street from MSG at Kmart. My brother and I went to meet Zack Ryder and the Bella Twins. Waiting on line, we all got to meet referee Charles Robinson aka "Little Naitch" in WCW with the Four Horsemen. It was fun waiting on line trying to figure out how to tell the difference between Brie and Nikki Bella but one thing we all knew was that they are even more gorgeous in person than on TV. This weekend, I became an official member of the Zack Pack. (Editors’ Note: You became one cause of me, WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT) The Long Island Iced Z is doing his thing and growing a huge fan base. Throughout the whole match between John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler, the whole arena kept yelling "WE WANT RYDER!!" Why hasn’t he gotten his U.S. title chance? Are you serious bro? Anyways, meeting Ryder and the Bella Twins was great and Ryder even had his Internet Championship right on the table. They were all nice and you could tell Ryder was having a blast being in his hometown, interacting with his fans.

Sunday morning we began with a trip to Garden City, NY's Roosevelt Field Mall to see The Miz and Eve Torres. One word, AWESOME!!! The Miz is a great guy, not only did he sign the photo I had, he even signed my belt. Eve is unbelievably gorgeous in person and super nice. With the exception of the "mall cops" thinking they're real cops, it was still a great signing. I would definitely go again.

The energy inside MSG before the show was incredible. Broski headbands were already sold out, but I managed to get one pair, once we got inside the arena. The atmosphere inside the arena is nothing like watching it at home. The NYC crowd just could not help show their NYC attitude by mostly rooting for the heels. A perfect example was when Sin Cara was on the floor with an injury; we can’t help but yell out "YOU FUCKED UP!!" It was awesome. The biggest boo's of the night were definitely John Cena, Mason Ryan, and shockingly John Morrison. The biggest pop of the night is a tie between The Rock and Zack Ryder. Second to them were CM Punk and Cody Rhodes, then other tough guys like Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Miz, Truth, etc. I must admit, I give Survivor Series a, 7 out of 10. I didn’t like that the U.S. title match didn’t turn into a triple threat match, giving Ryder his shot, and that Daniel Bryan didn’t cash in his Money in the Bank contract after the match between Big Show and Mark Henry. I hated the ending with Cena and Rock winning but it goes with the storyline, since the Awesome Truth split up last night on Raw. Overall, the show was awesome and I can’t wait to go back. This weekend was exhausting for me, but it was well worth it.

- Ernesto Heleno Jr

Disclaimer

All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of the WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.